B.Sc. International Disaster Management & Humanitarian ResponseUniversity of Manchester
En Manchester (Inglaterra)
Precio a consultar
- Bachelor's degree
- Manchester (Inglaterra)
¿Qué aprendes en este curso?
- 1. Provide a critical insight into destabilising events and develop an understanding and appreciation of disaster risk reduction and humanitarian response.
- 2. Develop knowledge and understating of key issues which inform the debates on disaster risk reduction and humanitarian response.
- 3. Develop practical expertise in risk and vulnerability analyses, disaster preparedness and response and the integration of development and humanitarian action.
- 4. Foster an informed attitude on ethical issues related to humanitarianism, including international actions taken by governments, inter-governmental and non-governmental organisations in response to disasters of both natural and human origins.
- 5. Develop strategic research methodologies and techniques, including data gathering, collation, analysis and dissemination of results in disaster risk management and humanitarian action contexts.
- Field work: This programme will include field study either in the UK or abroad (at additional cost) where you will look at concepts such as emergency preparedness and response, recovery and reconstruction in relation to a specific hazard, specific vulnerabilities and humanitarian response to such disasters..
- Work placements: Work placements with humanitarian organisations will allow you to gain valuable professional experience.
- Research dissertation: The dissertation allows you to make the focus of your last semester here truly your own and relevant to your personal interests and prospective career.