Cognitive Functioning and Rehabilitation in Dementias (2 days)Aston University
En Birmingham (Inglaterra)
Precio a consultar
- Birmingham (Inglaterra)
¿Qué aprendes en este curso?
Ageing, Dementia, Rehabilitation & Management: From concern to rehabilitation and coping
- Introduction:(i) What is “normal”ageing? (ii) Contributors to healthy cognition (iii) When changing cognition becomes a real concern (iv) Dementias –the key facts (v) Risk factors and prevention
- The person is still there! Presentation of dementias and complications: diagnoses, key features. Examples, case studies, confusions between dementias.
- Cognitive stimulation: Interactive practical session
- Cognitive rehabilitation: Managing behaviours in dementias (not frontal)
- Dementia Care Mapping (DCM): A person centred approach.
Introduction to an understanding & management of Frontal lobe impairment: Working with patients with frontal lobe damage or frontal dementias
- Introduction: (i) Overview of brain structures (ii) Frontal Lobe structure & normal function
- Frontal lobe disorders and dysfunctions, and how they present: Presentation, Case histories
- Executive dysfunction - case presentation and management strategies: Making interventions work
- Management of Frontal Lobe disorders: Presentation and Discussion –relating it all to your issues with a focus on managing aggression and other anti-social issues.