Human Resource Development PgDip / MScLondon South Bank University Department of Education
Precio a consultar
- London (Inglaterra)
¿Qué aprendes en este curso?
Students studying for the MSc HRD will be required to complete the four core units in Year 1. In Year 2 you will take Research Methods plus one core unit and two electives. Each year of the programme features a residential weekend as an integral part of the overall course.
The dissertation (MSc) or management report (PG Dip) gives you the opportunity to link theory with practice within an organisational context. It involves the identification and refinement of an Human Resource Development issue or problem, undertaking an in-depth literature review, the collection of primary data, and the analysis and evaluation of this data so as to produce a set of implementable and/or secondary recommendations.
The taught units are assessed by a mixture of individual assignments, group presentations and by examination at the end of some units.Year 1
- Power and constraint: the strategic context
- Leadership and management skills
- Leadership and HR strategy
- Learning and talent development
- Research methods for HR
- Leadership and management development
- Management report (8000 words) (PG Dip only)
Plus two electives (subject to minimum numbers: at least one elective to be taken from group A)
- Leading and managing change
- Managing coaching and mentoring
- Managing reward
- Employment law
- Managing the employee relationship
- Dissertation (20,000 words) (MSc only)