International MBA - Full TimeEAE-UPC
A mejorar Nothing. All was great!
Curso realizado: Noviembre 2013 | ¿Recomendarías este curso? Sí.
Posgrado en Dirección y Gestión de Empresas - Part Time
A mejorar El postgrado no acaba de convencerme. En el ámbito de Recursos Humanos esperaba que se tratasen temas relacionados con los contratos, los modelos fiscales, los impuestos y las nóminas. Estamos viendo cuales son las funciones de cada uno de los departamentos pero no cómo se trabaja en ellos. Lo cierto es que esta formación no me ha servido de mucho y estoy algo decepcionada. Iba con una idea y esta formación no ha satisfecho mis expectativas.
Curso realizado: Octubre 2010 | ¿Recomendarías este curso? Sí.
¿Qué aprendes en este curso?
Human Capital Management
Corporate social responsibility
The general objective of the MBA is to provide business education to executives:
- Who are able to evolve within the heart of complex diverse organisations.
- Who are capable of inducing and managing flexibility and changes in reaction to new technologies, the appearance of new markets and social evolution.
- Who are open-minded and receptive, capable of communicating and being creative.
- Who are humanist and responsible in a context of sound business ethics.
- Business organisation
- The aim of the course is considering how the structure of an organisation is in keeping with its strategy, human resources, organisational culture and management processes.
- Strategic management
- Participants are introduced to the steps to develop a business strategy and the most common problems in the process of planning and setting objectives, and control mechanisms to improve the achievement of targets while considering the mission of the company.
- Managing skills
- The course deals with competences and skills such as personal communication, team management, motivation, managerial behavior, decision-making or negotiations that help leaders and responsible people be able to act efficiently.
- Economic environment
- Analysis of the effects of micro and macroeconomic variables on the decision-making process of the company. Participants reach a sound knowledge of the economic forces governing business activity.
- International legal framework
- Given the markets' trend towards globalisation, it is essential to know the international legal framework to minimize the legal risks in international transactions.
- Marketing strategies
- The aim of the module is to know the main marketing strategies and dealing in depth with case studies that are considered business milestones. Participants will learn to take decisions in the area of marketing coordinating a strategic view with the corporate marketing plan.
- Marketing: concepts & policies
- Participants will learn to define marketing policies suitable for the strategy of the company at the present time that will allow them to take proper decisions about product, price, communication and distribution leading to the achievement of the company goals and market needs satisfaction.
- Market research
- Participants will know various tools to analyse the market and find information relevant for the decision-making of the company using quantitative and qualitative techniques.
- Commercial action plan
- Participants will deal in depth with the role played by the commercial management and considering different ways of organizing a sales network, planning the role of the sales force, recruiting, motivation and compensation, among other topics.
- Sales forecast
- Participants will acquire an analytical intent necessary to check the veracity of the forecast in relation with real sales.
- Financial planning and budget control
- Participants are provided with a sound training that combines practical and theoretical aspects of instruments and techniques used in short and long term financial planning.
- General and financial accounting
- The aim of the course is providing the knowledge necessary to understand the information generated by the accounting processes of the company, the meaning of the balance sheet and the interpretation of the income statement.
- Cost accounting
- The course focuses on the concept and the analysis of different types of costs, as well as their calculation and managing possible deviations.
- Analysis of financial statements
- Students learn about financial statements in detail through case studies as well as the instruments available for their correct analysis.
- Cash & Credit Management
- In increasingly changeable and competitive markets, the process of taking short-term decisions, known as Cash Management or Treasury Management, plays a decisive role. Participants will learn to obtain information from customers and make correct interpretations and take good decisions.
- Financing and investment decisions
- Participants will learn the most truthfull and up-to-date techniques to develop their business plan, the feasibility of investments and the result tan can be derived from them.
- Supply chain management
- Future managers learn how to add value to the company through a global view of the techniques involved in supply, production and stock management.
- Human capital management
- The module intends to provide a global view of the interaction individual-organisation and to explain how to manage the relation between the human factor and the economic factor.
- Corporate social responsibility
- Companies are playing a role more and more active in society, specially through the generation of employment and wealth in their surrounding communities.
- Information systems
- The course deals with the most recent developments in research and innovating solutions to allow a more frequent and efficient use of information technologies supporting business networks.
Events and Activities
Additionally, there will be company visits, talks with leaders in business from different sectors, conferences organised with directors of companies and organisations, symposiums and other events with experts and professionals which will take place during the course to give students real exposure to relevant business and management experiences.
Students who pass the course will obtain the International MBA degree from EAE Business School. In addition, students who fulfil the academic requirements established will obtain the degree from Universitat Politècnica de Catalunya (if studying in Barcelona) or from Universidad Camilo José Cela (if studying in Madrid).
Study experience at Manhattan Institute of Management
Students are offered the possibility of studying a semester abroad in New York. The Manhattan Institute of Management is a private higher learning institution committed to offering students a high quality, global business education. MIM offers its students a real opportunity to gain insight into the meaning of success in business, in New York and around the world. In the past 26 years, over 5,000 students from almost every country on earth have stepped through the gates of MIM's downtown Manhattan main campus.