Intravenous TherapyCity University London
En Islington (Inglaterra)
Precio a consultar
- Short course
- Islington (Inglaterra)
¿Qué aprendes en este curso?
What will I learn?
You will learn to:
- List the indications for administering drugs via the intravenous (IV) route;
- Discuss the professional issues for registered nurses delivering IV therapy;
- Use mathematical calculations related to the administration of IV therapy;
- Discuss the differences between peripheral and central vascular access;
- Describe the anatomical positioning and components of a skin-tunnelled central venous access device and an implantable injection port;
- Define bolus and intermittent infusion in the context of intravenous therapy;
- Describe the principles of care for a VAD insertion site.
- Describe the principles of aseptic non-touch technique in IV administration practice;
- Demonstrate aseptic non-touch technique (ANTT) to reconstitute a powder drug for intravenous administration;
- Demonstrate ANTT in the administration of a bolus and a free-flow intermittent infusion;
- Explain the local and systemic complications of IV drug therapy.
Teaching and Assessment
- PowerPoint lecture;
- Question and answer;
- Group discussion;
- Demonstration of skills by the tutor;
- Practice of skills within a skills-lab environment.
Assessment is ongoing.