MSc in Biomedical SciencesAston University
Precio a consultar
- Birmingham (Inglaterra)
¿Qué aprendes en este curso?
Fees for 2016 entry:
UK/EU students: £6,900
International students: £16,850
International scholarships - We have scholarships for African & South American students
Aston Alumni discount - 20% discount
This taught MSc Biomedical Sciences programme is designed to provide training and experience in Biomedical Sciences. The specific aims are to:
- provide a high level of scientific knowledge and understanding of disease processes from the molecular to the body/systems level
- develop an informed and critical appreciation of recent scientific developments in relation to diagnostic laboratory pathology
- enable students to gain, through a research project, additional specialist knowledge and practical expertise
- prepare students for a broad spectrum of career opportunities spanning academic, commercial, industrial and healthcare applications of biomedical sciences. The course is also an excellent foundation for further studies leading to a PhD.
The programme is based around a core of six modules and a research project that provide detailed study and practical experience in key areas of biomedical sciences and in the development of professional skills.
The taught topics include: outlines of major human diseases, immunology, stem cells and regenerative medicine, research methods, and how to exploit your research.
The supervised research project will last for four months and be at the level expected for the first year of PhD studies. Examples of projects include mechanisms of cancer cell migration; interactions between hormones and cells in diabetes; production and purification of membrane proteins and understanding endothelial cell dysfunction in conditions such as pre-eclampsia.Modules are as follows:
- Human Diseases
- Clinical and Molecular Endocrinology
- Human Physiology
- Research Methods
- Research Project