MSc International Business and Management (Research)University of Manchester
Precio a consultar
- Manchester (Inglaterra)
¿Qué aprendes en este curso?
Business and Management
International Business Management
Course module details
Make the move into the fast paced world of international commerce with a degree designed to give you cutting-edge knowledge of global management issues. In today's globalised economy, the ability to think and work across boundaries and borders is imperative.
Taking a multidisciplinary approach, drawing on economics, finance, organisational theory, marketing and human resource management, you examine areas of international business and management in depth, including economic, financial, technological, marketing and managerial issues facing multinational enterprises. This allows you to apply your skills anywhere in the world.
This stream focuses on research, including techniques of quantitative and qualitative data collection, analysis and interpretation. The course includes a Masters thesis (research dissertation) on an international business-related topic.Aims
The research pathway aims to equip students with advanced knowledge and understand of social science research issues and methods, including advanced techniques of quantitative and qualitative data collection, analysis and interpretation.
It will prepare students for the demands of research-oriented career paths or doctoral training programmes.Special features
Students will have the opportunity to participate in an organised company visit to illustrate real-life applications of international business and management concepts covered on the course.Course units details
- Comparative Business and Management
- Fundamentals of International Business and Management
- Research Methods and Data Analysis
- Theories in International Business
- International Business Strategy (Capstone course)
- Research Methods and Data Analysis II
- Topics in International Business research
One elective unit from:
- Institutions and Firms' Internationalisation Strategies
- Institutions and Knowledge Management in MNEs
- International Business and Emerging Markets
- International Trade: Theory, Policy and Practice
- Marketing Issues in International Business
- Managing Across Cultures
- Multinational Business Finance
- Multinationals and Technology Transfer in Economic Development
- Responsible Business in a Global Environment
- Dissertation - research project
Assessment across the course units varies, and includes a combination of examinations, individual essay, course work and presentations. Problem-solving exercises are prepared and evaluated in groups.
A dissertation of between 12,000 and 25,000 words is also undertaken.Open days
Masters information sessions
We are hosting a series of informal information sessions for undergraduates who are thinking about pursuing a masters course at Alliance Manchester Business School.
Our Masters courses aren't just for business graduates - from business analytics to operations, and marketing to finance, we have 17 courses to choose from. Join us to meet a careers advisor, admissions staff and current students and discover how our courses can boost your career prospects.
Also, a number of graduates have the opportunity to progress directly onto the Full-time MBA programme as a Young Potential Leader - could you be one of them?
Choose from the following dates:
- Wednesday 17 February 2016, 12.00 - 1.30pm
- Wednesday 9 March 2016, 12.00 - 1.30pm
- Wednesday 13 April 2016, 12.00 - 1.30pm
- Wednesday 11 May 2016, 12.00 - 1.30pm
All events are held in the Atrium, Alliance MBS East building (on the corner of Oxford Road and Booth Street East) - number 26 on the campus map.
For further information and to register your interest in attending, please see the Alliance MBS website .
Events round the world
We take part in events both at home and around the world, and we'd be delighted to meet you in your country . If you are visiting Manchester and you are unable to attend one of the Masters Information Sessions, you are welcome to organise a personal visit .Disability support
Practical support and advice for current students and applicants is available from the Disability Advisory and Support Service. Email: email@example.com