Product Design Engineering MScCoventry University
£ 5.799 - (6.604 €)
- Scarborough (Inglaterra)
¿Qué aprendes en este curso?
Computer Aided Design
Skills and Training
If you’d like to know more about our courses, tweet us with your questions! #AskCU— Coventry University (@covcampus) September 26, 2012 OVERVIEW
Product Design Engineering is the development phase of product design within the creative industries, and this qualification supports graduates in taking leadership and management roles in this sector. Product Design within the Creative Industries refers to the design of user operated products, usually of a technology and electronic base.
This course aims to help equip graduates to take responsibility for the development phase of creative product design providing them with the opportunity to develop team leadership and decision-making skills. Students will also have the opportunity to develop an understanding of the material, production and product function aspects of creative product design and develop deeper levels of understanding of engineering and electronics, building on hard science approaches as well as application of industry level computer aided design packages (CAD) and rapid prototyping techniques (RP).WHY CHOOSE THIS COURSE?
- The Faculty of Arts and Humanities (FAH) has one of the longest established undergraduate product design courses in the UK with a portfolio of industry partnerships, competition success and graduate careers as well as about 200 creative students at this level working in the discipline.
- The Product Design Alumni and other industry associations of the course provide opportunities for students to work closely with industry.
- The Faculty’s sector leading technical workshops including a substantial Rapid Prototyping center are a major asset to the student’s learning experience.
- The FAH Postgraduate ‘Agile Lab’ developed in association with Herman Miller from research titled, ‘The Future of the Learning Environment’ is an appealing location for this course.
- The Faculty has a Product Design Engineering staff team all with extensive industry and educational experience in this area.
Semester 1: Design Innovation and Collaboration
This will involve an intense learning experience of creative practice through projects set by external industry partners in conjunction with students on associated creative design and design management courses. There will also be lectures and seminars on creative and innovation methods, research methods, co-design practice, user-centred thinking and presentation.
Semester 2: Product Design Engineering Specialism
This module involves lectures and seminars on technical subjects including materials, production processes from batch to high volume production, prototype making, testing and evaluation, electronic circuit board design and development, and product function and fitness analysis.
Semester 3: Final Major Project
This is the platform in which the student has the chance to explore Product Design Engineering in a project that may be in collaboration with an external industry partner or individually formed in consultation with tutors. Through this project the student will be able to demonstrate their knowledge and leadership through research and data gathering, planning, and carrying out the process of product design development."