En Montréal (Canadá)
Fechas a elegir
Are you interested in pursuing a career in fashion design? If you are talented, artistically driven and passionate about fashion and trends, this program is for you. The diploma program from LaSalle College gives students the chance to really get into fashion- from learning the history of fashion and its modern influences to how to sketch designs and bring them to life.
Some of the skills which you will learn include the art of pattern drafting, draping and sewing. You will also learn freehand drawing techniques and the steps involved in designing a full collection. LaSalle College also focuses on the business aspect of things as well, and students will learn how to market and promote their designs.
Graduates of the program could find themselves in a wide array of different job functions within fashion design, such as Pattern Drafter, Costume Designer, Fashion Coordinator, Buyer, Researcher, Production Sewer or even writing about fashion.
Instalaciones y fechas
A tener en cuenta
• Be 19 years of age or High School graduate; • Working knowledge of the English language; • Have an Interview with an Admissions Representative.
Preguntas & Respuestas
Plantea tus dudas y otros usuarios podrán responderte
¿Qué aprendes en este curso?
- Pattern Drafting
- Marketing a Collection
- Freehand drawing techniques
- History of Fashion Design
- Influences on Fashion
• Develop the ability to transform design ideas into garments;
• Learn the elements, principles and techniques of pattern drafting, draping, sewing and tailoring;
• Translate fashion concepts into sketches and illustrations using freehand drawing techniques;
• Learn the history of fashion design and how the economy, society and culture influence fashion trends;
• Learn to design, create, sell and market a design collection;
• Recognize job market realities.
- Pattern Drafting I
- Draping I
- Sewing Fundamentals I
- Illustration I
- Introduction to Textiles
- Pattern Drafting II
- Draping II
- Sewing Fundamentals II
- Fashion Design
- Costume History
- Pattern Drafting III
- Sewing Fundamentals III
- Fashion Concepts Computerized
- Illustration I
- Fashion and Society
- Computerized Pattern Design (PAD)
- Construction of Tailored Garments
- Computerized Illustration II
- Marketing Characteristics of a Collection I
- Analysis of Trends
- Constructing a Collection
- Professional Development
- Characteristics of a Collection II
- Production of a Label Digital